Founded in 1973, Boulder Valley Health Center (BVHC) is a leader in reproductive and sexual health care within our community. Our mission is to offer accessible, confidential, evidence-based, and compassionate health care, including abortion, family planning, gynecology, gender-affirming care, community education, and sexual health support. We strive to make quality health care available to all, particularly those who experience unique access barriers, such as low-income or uninsured people, monolingual Spanish speakers, youth, LGBTQIA+ persons, and people with disabilities.
Why work for Boulder Valley Health Center?
- We support each other. Our people are passionate about what we do, our services, and our clients. If you want to be part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation, and dedication, we are the right organization for you.
- Our benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, short-term disability coverage, critical care coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also offer a competitive, annual pro-rated time off policy which includes 9 paid holidays, 48 hours of wellness hours, and 3 weeks’ vacation.
- Our Patient Services Assistants are responsible for a variety of customer service and administrative duties essential to daily clinic operation. This is a full-time position of 40 hours per week. Starting pay is $19.00 per hour.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs reception duties, including patient check-in, insurance verification, collecting and processing payments, and facilitating the completion of patient paperwork.
- Greets and attends to patients with professionalism both in-person and over the phone.
- Schedules patient appointments.
- Evaluates daily schedules to optimize provider visits and minimize missed appointments.
- Provides broad support to the patient-facing operations team and serves as a backup for medical records, patient referrals, patient advocacy, and funding, including coordinating abortion funding.
- Determines eligibility for cancer screening and other grant programs, including Title X and Women’s Wellness Connection (WWC); enters and maintains patient data in appropriate tracking systems; reconciles and processes program billing and reimbursements.
- Verifies and updates patient information in Electronic Health Records (NextGen EHR).
- Ensures that medical records are organized, accurate, and complete.
- Manages follow-up system for patient referrals; provides patient reminders and manages incoming faxes and consults/referral records from outside clinics; ensures that patient needs are identified and addressed quickly.
- Serves as liaison between patients and medical staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, & Attributes
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail, adaptable with a proactive, self-directed work style.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Solid technology and computer skills.
- Experience with Electronic Health Records (NextGen a plus).
- Strong commitment to reproductive freedom and an ability to demonstrate knowledge of and passion for the mission of BVHC.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Medical billing is a plus.
- Experience working with transgender and gender nonbinary patients.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
Physical Activities & Work Environment
A staff member must meet the physical demands and work environment characteristics described here to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to speak, understand, and communicate in English effectively, in person and writing.
- Ability to hear adequately in person and by phone, in personal and group settings.
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to reach for, move and/or lift up to 20 pounds and use your arms and hands to handle or move objects to prepare for a wide variety of meetings and to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting, climbing stairs or possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials.
- Professional office atmosphere. Business casual attire is required for non-clinical staff.
- Position may require occasional off-hour meetings and events.
Diversity is at the core of the work that we do. BVHC is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in the workplace, and we encourage people of all races, ethnicities, abilities, gender identities, and sexual orientations to apply.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter, specifically addressing the position’s responsibilities, your associated qualifications, and why you are excited to join this team to [email protected].