Are you passionate about providing high-quality reproductive health and family planning services, including abortion care, to patients from within Colorado and across the United States? We seek an experienced Nurse who embraces a spirit of continual improvement, maintains a high level of clinical quality, and has a relentless drive toward excellence to join our team. The Clinic Nurse is an essential member of our clinical care team who delivers quality patient care consistent with our mission and is responsible for ensuring high-quality services to our patients. This 30-hour per-week FTE position has a salary range of $48,750 – $51,000, commensurate with relevant experience.
Founded in 1973, Boulder Valley Health Center (BVHC) is a leader in reproductive and sexual health care within our community. Our mission is to offer accessible, confidential, evidence-based, and compassionate health care, including abortion, family planning, gynecology, gender-affirming care, community education, and sexual health support. We strive to make quality health care available to all, particularly those who experience unique access barriers, such as low-income or uninsured people, monolingual Spanish speakers, youth, LGBTQIA+ persons, and people with disabilities. BVHC helps create an informed community of empowered people to make health-related choices that support vibrant, full lives.
Why work for Boulder Valley Health Center?
- We support each other. Our people are passionate about what we do, our services, and our clients. If you want to be part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation, and dedication, we are the right organization for you.
- Our benefits package includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, short-term disability coverage, critical care coverage, a 403(b)-retirement plan, life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program. We also offer a competitive, annual pro-rated time off policy which includes 9 paid holidays, 48 hours of wellness hours, and 3 weeks’ vacation.
- RNs can be reimbursed for some of their certification, membership, and event fees each year.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works as a collaborative and supporting member of the Clinical Care team, with responsibilities assigned to keep all members working top of scope, but with a willingness to pitch in to encourage a positive work environment and to keep the day flowing efficiently.
- Triages patient calls during business hours (Day Call) supporting the PSA team to provide outstanding support to our patients.
- Follows standing order policy. Initiates, extends, administers, and dispenses prescriptions for birth control, such as oral contraception, Depo Provera, and emergency contraception.
- Provides STI screening for asymptomatic patients, including providing education on safe sex, risk reduction practices, and specimen ordering.
- Provides patients with results of pregnancy tests, including options counseling for positive results.
- Follows federal regulations, such as Title X, OSHA, and HIPAA.
- Charts accurately and correctly in the electronic health record.
- Responds to EMR tasks and receive outside records as appropriate.
- At least one week per month of overnight calls.
- Contacts patients with lab results and provides in-scope management of care.
- Participates in laboratory compliance duties. Responds to laboratory and pharmacy faxes, including completion of prior authorizations.
- Participates in scope-appropriate abortion care, including assisting in procedural abortions, evaluating patients for appropriate sedation options, and monitoring patients in the recovery room.
- Provides oral / IV sedation for surgical abortion procedures.
- Additional responsibilities subject to organizational needs.
- Assists with pharmacy operations, including working collaboratively with the BVHC Nursing team to:
- Maintain pharmacy standards in compliance with CRS 12-22-119.
- Meet with a consultant pharmacist four times a year.
- Bottle medications by pharmacy regulations.
- Complete pharmacy inventory regularly and as needed.
- Work with Clinical Nurse Manager and provider staff to evaluate and update the in-house medication inventory.
- Manage expired medications and failed IUD replacements.
- Order vaccines and serves as a resource for vaccine administration.
- Maintain emergency supplies, work with provider staff to create reproductive health emergency protocols, and provide ongoing staff training in emergency preparedness.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Must be aligned with BVHC’s Mission Statement
- Knowledge of reproductive health.
- CO State Licensure and Compact State Licensure.
- BLS and CPR Certification.
- At least one year of clinical experience in an out-patient setting preferred
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience utilizing electronic health records. Experience with NextGen EHR is strongly desired.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Passionate about reproductive health care and family planning services, including abortion care.
- Must possess strong time management skills, unwavering attention to detail, and great organization.
- Able to work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team.
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here represent those that a staff member must meet to perform the essential functions of this position successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to speak, understand, and communicate in English effectively, in person and in writing.
- Ability to hear adequately in person and by phone, in personal and group settings.
- Ability to sit or stand for up to 8 hours per day. Ability to reach for, move and lift up to 20 pounds and use your arms and hands to handle or move objects to prepare for a wide variety of meetings and to perform a variety of tasks that involve standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, and twisting, climbing stairs or possibly reaching chest high and overhead for materials, with reasonable accommodation.
Diversity is at the core of the work that we do. BVHC is committed to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion in the workplace, and we encourage people of all races, ethnicities, abilities, gender identities, and sexual orientations to apply.
To Apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter, specifically addressing the position’s responsibilities, your associated qualifications, and why you are excited to join this team to [email protected].